So my mother had a superstition. On New Year’s day, beginning as early as 12:01 a.m., you should DO the things you want to have occur in that year and avoid the things you don’t (like chores, busy work, unpleasant tasks). So, in that vein, I spent yesterday doing some most pleasant things like:
- An exercise trifecta: yoga, swimming a few laps (yes, Spark Rocket is in FLORIDA!) AND weight-training
- Working on a new,super-fun start-up endeavor launching in 2016
- Promoting a current client whose mission for the year aligns with ours
- Reconnecting with some long-time, too-long-missed friends
- Having a very long conversation with a love who lives too far away
- Writing creatively: I finished a long-in-the-works Zombie short story!